NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd
Woolworths Australian Good Taste Baking and Cake Decorating Guide
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Salmat IDR Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences on Monday 23rd April 2012 at 00:01 (AEST) and concludes on Tuesday 22nd May 2012 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
- This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The competition will be advertised in the May 2012 issue of the Woolworths Australian Good Taste magazine and on www.goodtastepromotions.com.au
- To enter, Participants must purchase one of the products as featured in the Baking and Cake Decorating Guide section of the Woolworths Australian Good Taste magazine during the promotional period and answer in 25 words or less ‘what your favourite cake decorating tip is and why?’, then enter either:
5.1. Online: Visit Website www.goodtastepromotions.com.au and follow the instructions to enter their barcode and their contact details.
5.2. By Mail: Send their name, address, daytime contact number and barcode on the back of an envelope, along with a copy of the receipt of the purchased participating product from participating store to: Woolworths Australian Good Taste Baking and Cake Decorating Guide, PO Box 542, Eastern Suburbs NSW 2004
- MAIL ENTRY: Each entry form/coupon must be sent in a separate, stamped, standard sized envelope. Envelopes with multiple entry forms/coupons will be treated as a single entry. Only original entries will be accepted, no photocopies allowed.
- BARCODES: Only one barcode per entry is permitted. Unrecognised barcodes will not be accepted. Participants are limited to 2 entries per day per household. One entry per product purchased/barcode number is permitted. Winners may be asked to provide a copy of their receipt as proof of purchase in order to claim their prize.
- Illegible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may only enter twice per day. However, only one prize per household is permitted.
- Individuals and or households who have won a prize from Woolworths Australian Good Taste magazine, a publication of the promoter NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, between Wednesday 21st March 2012 and Sunday 22nd April 2012, may be ineligible to win a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on Tuesday 22nd May 2012. The time of entry will in each case be the time the mail or online entry is received by the Salmat IDR Pty Limited database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- Standard postage is charged at $0.60 incl GST. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- The first five (5) valid entries judged as the best based on originality and creative merit will each receive a Kenwood K-MIX Kitchen Machine, valued at $699.00 each (including GST).
- Total prize pool valued at $3,495.00 (including GST).
- Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash, unless cash is specified.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Woolworths Australian Good Taste magazine or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the prize determination. Five (5) valid entrants will be judged by a panel of judges from Handling Matters, to become the winners. The prize determination will take place at Handling Matters of Unit 1, 3 Green Street BROOKVALE NSW 2100, from Friday 25th May 2012 at 11:00 (AEST).
- If any particular prize determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the prize determination will be conducted on the following business day.
- The winners will be notified within 2 days of the prize determination. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing and their details will be published on www.goodtastepromotions.com.au.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- An unclaimed prize determination will take place at Handling Matters of Unit 1, 3 Green Street BROOKVALE NSW 2100 from Monday 27th August 2012 at 11:00 (AEST). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the prize determination and their details will be published on www.goodtastepromotions.com.au. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, Salmat IDR Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Salmat IDR Pty Limited, on behalf of NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Salmat IDR Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- The Promoter is NewsLifeMedia Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of 180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015.